FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/11/10     Tim , about 40
This morning we had our monthly men's breakfast at church, and I enjoyed the fellowship centered around God's word. Afterward as I left the building I ran into a man out front on the sidewalk named Tim, who had apparently been painting, judging from all the white paint spattered on his clothes. I introduced myself, that I am from the church, and asked his opinions about spiritual things. He doesn't believe in God's existence, he said, because he believes in science and has never seen God, but also because he has "been through a lot" as he put it, and can't see how God could possibly exist. Like Art yesterday, he also can't see how the God of Christianity could punish people simply for not believing in him. He hadn't thought he would be judged according to the moral law, and when he thought about it, felt like he would be a good person based on this standard because "Ï pay all my bills and take care of my family". He had to get to work so I walked with him a few blocks, and on the way told him about the Ten Commandments as God's standard for judgment. This was all he had time for but it's a start. It only seemed right that the truths of the Bible were getting out of our church and into the neighborhood.

No comments: