FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/17/10 Miguel, Christian, late teens
I found two older teens, Miguel and Christian, in the magazine isle at Target and used MDB gospel tracts as conversation starters. Miguel said he believes in God and heaven and hopes he will end up there, but had no idea how. He obviously hadn't thought about it much. I could almost see the wheels turning in his head as he said he really does not believe in hell. After all, what better way to ensure heaven than to deny hell? I talked about the futility of denying reality, much like closing ones eyes and denying an oncoming train. I went on to talk about our sin, our accountability to God, judgment and the reality of eternity but as I went along Miguel, the talkative one of the two, acted less interested and turned back to the magazine he'd been looking at. I was beginning to overstay my welcome with him a bit but the quiet one, Christian, was reading the tract and seemed to be hanging on every word I said so I went on a little longer. He never did verbally join the conversation, possibly because he was afraid of what Miguel might say, but his body language told me he was very interested nonetheless.

No comments: