FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/19/10 Luis, Martin, and Jose 18 to 22
I found three friends finishing their meal at McDonald's and asked if they had time to answer some interesting questions. They said they were just leaving, but stayed another half hour to talk. My questions about their spiritual beliefs kept the conversation going, especially with Luis. The other two directed their attention back and forth between our conversation and texting on their phones but they all had questions of their own at various points. They had short attention spans when I tried to explain the gospel but listened attentively when I answered the variety of questions they asked me. They all seemed to believe in God but felt they weren't religious enough to gain His approval as far as they knew from the Catholic background, and they weren't sure it was worth it compared to all the tempting worldly pleasures all around them. I presented the law, hoping it could help lead them to Christ, (Gal. 3:24) but they seemed too distracted. I think the value of the conversation was that they had an honest discussion with a Christian adult who gave some reasonable answers to their sincere questions, no matter how worldly or outrageous they may have been, and hopefully they will be interested enough to read the info I left them.

No comments: