FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/2/11 Abraham and Jose, both about 30
The great Chicago blizzard of 2011 kept me from witnessing yesterday and I didn't want to let it happen again, so after a long day of shoveling snow I headed out to a McDonalds where I was blessed with a good conversation with two Mexican immigrants, Abraham and José. Abraham is a licensed psychologist in Mexico, but must work at a factory here in Chicago. After they figured out I was not some sort of cop, they relaxed and we talked about how to be in a right relationship with the Lord. They both grew up Catholic but appreciated my emphasis on following the Bible rather than man's tradition. Halfway through the conversation, Abraham had some questions about my views on the new immigration law in Arizona. Normally I try not to let side questions distract me from the gospel message for too long, but I could tell Abraham wasn't trying to use this as an excuse not to talk about the Lord. I gave him what I think is a reasonable and godly response to this issue and the proposed "Dream Act", and I believe this won him over to take my salvation message more seriously. This just serves to remind me of the importance of keeping informed on current issues and news events in order to present ourselves as reasonable witnesses of the best news ever.

No comments: