FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3-7-11 Dave, late 20´s
Walking by a Subway Sandwich shop I saw a young man at a table finishing his meal, and I went inside to ask if he had time to answer a few questions. I did this with a big smile like I was his best friend, and when I do this most people smile back and seem to think to themselves ¨Where do I know this guy from?” I asked if he had any spiritual beliefs, such as a belief in a higher power of any sort. Dave told me he grew up attending Catholic schools and had abandoned all belief years ago. I asked if there was any one reason for this, and he began to list many typical questions such as evolution, atrocities done in the name of religion, the reliability of the Bible, etc. It was a little overwhelming, and I asked if I could sit down to talk about it. “Well I really have to get to work soon, but I think I have about three minutes” Dave told me. I told him I had worked through these questions myself, and there are reasonable explanations for all of them but I knew we didn’t have time to talk them through. “But let me ask one key question – if there is a God and we are accountable to Him like the Bible says, how would He judge you? This got Dave’s attention and we talked another ten minutes, but he did have to go. He told me he had been approached by some other Christians recently, saying “I think they were trying to get me to convert” I said “Well, I truly believe heaven exists and I want to see you there one day. Fair enough?” He took some additional info I had, gave me a sincere handshake and thanked me for the conversation.

No comments: