FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/12/11 Steve, late 20’s
On my way home after our Men’s Breakfast at church this morning I wanted to reach out to someone with the gospel but didn’t know where to go on such a cold, dreary day. My huge “to do” pile at home was waiting for me so I really didn’t want to go somewhere where I would sit down for a long conversation with someone. I didn’t need any groceries, but decided to stop at the grocery store, push a cart around with the rest of the shoppers, and give out five MDB gospel tracts to see what would come of it. Two of the five I gave them to were strong believers and we ended up strongly encouraging each other, a third person refused to talk to me, the fourth was a Catholic who felt very comfortable in his faith and didn’t see the need to talk any further. The fifth was Steve, a recovering heroin addict who has chosen God as his “higher power” at his AA meetings. The trouble is, he has been making up his own ideas about God rather than go to the Bible, the main place where God has chosen to reveal Himself. I explained the way of salvation clearly to Steve, and he clearly wanted to hear what I had to say, and began asking about my church. Although he is groggy from some anti-depressant medication his doctor prescribed him, he assured me he really enjoyed our conversation and wants to learn more. I prayed over him, gave him more to read and my contact information, and I do hope I’ll hear from him again.

No comments: