FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/23/11     Linda,     about 50
Today I spoke with Linda, a lady I met at McDonalds while she waited to go back to her job as a charter bus driver. As a Catholic and a strong believer in Jesus, she gave me an interesting perspective of us protestants. She told of her conversations with her grown children, all of whom have left the Catholic church to join protestant non-denominational churches. She worried, and I agreed with her, about the “easy believe-ism” of her children, as they seem to feel they can believe in Jesus and still continue in their life of sin. I talked about the role that John the Baptist had in preparing the way for Jesus, teaching the people how to prepare their hearts for the Messiah through repentance. “They don’t like Catholicism”, she said, “because they can’t stand the hypocrisy of confessing their sins to the priest without ever having any intention of changing their ways.” She believes protestant churches promote this sort of easy believe-ism. Unfortunately, I think in many cases she’s right.

No comments: