FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/9/11 Barb and Deon, mid 30’s
Today I met with Brad from church and we went to a “Jason’s Deli” restaurant to share Jesus. We went up to a table where an African American couple – Barb and Deon - were just finishing up their meal and I asked if they would be willing to answer some questions about their beliefs. We talked for close to an hour. They had grown up attending both Baptist and non-denominational Bible churches, and although they no longer attend church they seemed confident in their faith. However, their faith unfortunately was in their own goodness rather than in Jesus. Deon in particular went on and on about his ideas about what it means to be “good” and how he definitely fits his own description. I was finally able to get his attention when I told him that the vast majority of people I talk to believe that they, too, are good. “How is it that so many people could be good if the world is in the condition it is in?” They both believed that many people mistakenly believe they are good, but it never occurred to them that they themselves might be making the same mistake. “I might not always do the right thing, but God knows my heart. I mean well, and He knows I’m a good person” Deon said. Law to the proud, grace to the humble, so I went on to use the 10 commandments to reveal their sin and their need for salvation. They responded with genuine concern about their own salvation and need for forgiveness. Please pray for them, they are not far from the Kingdom.

No comments: