FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/20/11    Angela and James,     both about 40
Like the disciples sent out two by two, I love the fellowship of being “on mission” together, and today Bob - a younger church brother – and I headed for a deli to see if we could reach out with the Gospel through conversation. We met Angela and James, an African-American couple, as they finished eating dinner. Angela grew up attending both Catholic and Baptist churches, and James grew up and remains a Jehovah’s Witness. They hadn’t really talked with each other about their own beliefs, but both felt that they wouldn’t deserve heaven if they died today, that they haven’t been good enough. I wondered out loud how good they would need to be, and when I put it in these terms, they wondered the same thing. I felt I might not have a lot of time so I went right to the heart of our faith – “Who is Jesus Christ? Why did he die on the cross?” They wondered the same thing, and allowed me to explain it. After a few days of shorter conversations, I felt like I may already be getting a little rusty at it, but I praise the Lord, though, that he can make any seed of truth that is planted sprout and grow.

No comments: