FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/16/11 Tim, about 30
I was out on a "fishing expedition" at the park with Lance, a young believer from church, when we encountered a man - Tim- out walking his two dogs. He agreed to answer some questions and when I asked if he thought much about the idea of eternal life, his answer was "All the time. My father just passed away two weeks ago" This caught me by surprise. Tim had dark sunglasses on and it was not easy to tell how hard he was taking this. As he talked further I could tell that like so many people he bases his faith on his good works rather than on Jesus, and all I could think about was that if I used the Ten Commandments to show him his need for salvation, he would only worry that his father might now be in hell or focus on my insensitivity and lack of compassion during his time of mourning. Yet I felt he needed to hear the Gospel truth. Tim was surprisingly open to our discussion - possibly more so because of a tender heart- and I was able to share the Gospel perhaps a little more sensitively than normal, and Lance and I made sure to pray over Tim before we all went on our way.

No comments: