FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
5/19/11 Socorro, about 50
Great conversation today with a woman at the park named Socorro. It was a basic law and grace gospel presentation with someone who believes in their own basic goodness and thus sees no need for salvation, but what I enjoyed about it was the chance to practice my intermediate Spanish. Using a second language that one isn't very good at can have a few positive effects on a Gospel conversation: 1.) It naturally keeps me humble and in the position of being corrected as a language learner even while I am teaching Gospel truths; and 2.) It slows the conversation down, giving my listener more time to think through what I am trying to say, and for them to make comments and ask questions. Of course the downside is the greater possibility of miscommunication, but I believe the humility I was able to demonstrate speaks louder than words.

No comments: