FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/1/11       Lou,    about 20
On a sidewalk I met a young Asian man named Lou, who told me he rarely thinks about God and doesn't see any reason to believe in Him since we can't be sure if He really exists. Lou was very stoic and listened to everything I said without comment or question. He responded to my questions about his beliefs with short answers, so it was hard to get much of a conversation going. Yet he stayed to listen. He grew up with no religious background, and is now a college math major. He said he won't believe in anything that can't be proven, so I talked about why I believe in God's existence from the evidence of creation, and how we can only know about God as he reveals Himself to us, rather than create ideas about God from our own imaginations. Still no facial or verbal cues from Lou that might indicate his interest, yet he still stayed to listen. I talked about our sin, our accountability to God as our judge, and our need for forgiveness. Still no sign of agreement or disagreement from Lou - but he was listening. I think this young man really didn't know what to say or what kind of questions to ask about God because he really doesn't think about Him, having long ago dismissed such thoughts as non-scientific. There are many people out there like Lou, who don't give God a second thought, and we need to get their attention.

No comments: