FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
6/20/11 John, about 35
Out "fishing" for gospel conversations with Anan, a church brother from India, we struck up a conversation with a man named John on the sidewalk who looked like he was headed for the Sox--Cubs game that evening. He was open to answering my questions about his beliefs, secure in his belief that he is headed for heaven because he believes in God and tries to be a nice person, so I used some of the Ten Commandments to help personalize his sin and help him see that he has rebelled against God's authority in his life. He started out laughing about being a liar and a thief but soon turned to pointing the finger at others, saying "but everyone does it!" As I told him of the consequences of his sin I also hinted that there is still reason to hope - but he didn't want to wait to hear about it. He suddenly had to get going. I suppose I could have run after him, begging him to hear and receive the good news of forgiveness in Jesus, but something told me he first needs to wrestle with the repentance that John the Baptist preached.

No comments: