FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/18/11 Gabbie, about 20
Had a conversation on the sidewalk with a young lady named Gabbie who said she would have to see some sort of miracle before she would believe in God. I believe we can use the laws of nature - the very laws scientific people say they put their trust in - to prove God's existence to a far greater degree than those who say that nothing created everything. Here's my basic line of reasoning... Two well-known and accepted scientific laws - the conservation of matter and of energy - state that matter and energy can't be created or destroyed, they only change forms. I figure that since they can't create themselves then something outside of the realm of matter and energy and the laws that govern them must have made them, something metaphysical. The question then becomes whether or not this is a metaphysical "thing" or a "being" with personality. I turn to Newtons Third Law of Motion, which states that for every reaction there is an equal and oppositite reaction. I reason that matter and energy only act in response to other matter and energy forces acting on them, but the original metaphysical thing would have had no such forces acting on it. It therefore at some point made the decision to create, a decision completely independant of outside influence and thus evidence of the existence of being or personality. That's just a quick breakdown. I hope it helps and I welcome improvements to my line of reasoning...

No comments: