FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
7/19/11    Al,     58
Witnessing can be just plain hard work. Tonight I asked a man named Al, who was out walking his Rottweiler Dante, what he believes about eternity. He was obnoxious, full of profanity and difficult to talk to, having strong religious opinions based on his upbringing in the Catholic Church, yet rejecting any sort of church authority or the Bible, even though he hasn't read it. Talking with him was frustrating and the conversation often went in circles, but I stuck it out. In the end, we talked almost an hour and Al told me he had never talked to anyone this long about anything before, especially about religion. He gladly accepted a Bible which he promised to read and he said he felt that God had sent me to him. God may or may not use the conversation in his life, but I know for me personally I am learning to practice patience and forebearance and, like Paul wote to Timothy, "doing the work of an evangelist". (2 Tim 4)

No comments: