FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/19/11    Bob,  53
On a long road trip across Wisconsin I stopped at a truck stop and used a MDB to begin a conversation with Bob, a truck driver. I asked if he believes in heaven and he replied "Oh yes, I'm a Christian. Have been all my life." He is a Methodist and described several ways in which he has survived near-death experiences and said that he has always felt close to God and that God has kept him alive for a purpose. During a struggle with stage-four cancer 11 years ago he had what he described as the experience of being filled with the Holy Spirit right in his hospital bed, which also left him cancer free ever since. When I asked about his hope for heaven, he acknowledged a life of sin yet felt he would be judged good enough for heaven. I explained how we fall short of God's holy standard and why we need a Savior, and he received this correction gladly. Bob reminds me that one can be extremely thankful to God for life and health and happiness, yet fail to realize our ultimate source of gratiude, the forgiveness secured for us by Jesus at the cross.

No comments: