FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/29/11   Jeff & Rachel, 20's
Brad and I used MDB gospel tract to start a conversation with Jeff and Rachel, a couple living a life of street hustling and drug addiction. Jeff had spent a year in a Christian rehab program ,was thankful for the experience, and believes himself to be saved because of a "Holy Spirit experience" which he described as a kind of physical charge that filled his body. He now considers himself saved but backslidden into sin. He asked some of the major questions that unbelievers ask, like "Why would God allow evil?" , "Why would a forgiving God send people to Hell?" "Who made God?"    I patiently listened to his questions and when he was done I just asked "These are all good questions that I've had to wrestle through myself, and I think I have some good explanations for each of them, but I need you to choose -which of them would be the most important to you?" We need to sharpen our theology and to be prepared for questions like these, but we don't need to worry about answering them all in a single conversation.

No comments: