FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
8/6/11      Francisco,      about 50
There's a part of me that's discouraged, but a part of me that know's better. Today I drove a young couple from church and their infant daughter to a doctor's appointment, and I walked around Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood while waiting to take them home. One of the people I talked to on the sidewalk was Francisco, who has been attending one of Chicago's most well known and reputable Bible churches for over 15 years, and his son has graduated from Moody Bible Institute and is now a music pastor. It seemed obvious that Francisco must be a Christian, but I've learned not to take it for granted so I asked about his hope for heaven. It was discouraging to hear him say not only that he believes he is "good enough" for heaven, but he sees no need for belief in Jesus and in fact believes the Bible is merely written by man and Jesus only a product of wishful thinking. Apparently his church involvement only serves to keep his wife and son happy. It discourages me that sitting under years of quality Bible teaching hasn't brought him to faith. If that isn't enough, what hope do I have for a half-hour witnessing conversation? Now I know that "faith comes from hearing the message" (Romans 10:17) but I get discouraged that like Israel we are "a disobedient and obstinate people" (v.21) However, Romans 11:5 gives me hope..."So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace." And it's not too late for that same grace to reach Francisco.

No comments: