FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/1/11 Hannibal and Jen, both 19
So how do you define "agnostic"? I asked a sophomore student while on the IIT campus. Jen, an Asian-American was hanging out with Hannibal, and African-American and also a sophomore at IIT. He grew up with a church background and she had no religious upbringing. She took a safe answer to the question of religious belief and said she is agnostic, meaning she has a general belief in God but couldn't commit to any one religion. Hannibal agreed with her. We had an interesting conversation with various theories about God, and eventually I just asked if I could share a perspective of Christianity they probably hadn't heard before. "You may not neccesarily believe everything I tell you, but just let me know if you understand". This gave me permission to share the big picture of Christianity without having to win their agreement to every point. I began my "different perspective" by saying "You've heard a lot about a loving and forgiving God, but did you know that God also loves justice?" This led to a presentation of both the law and grace of the Gospel, which they agreed helped make Christianity much more sensible and understandable. Its a start.

No comments: