FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
9/5/11 Tom, William, and Jason     ?, 20, 20
For several weeks I've been debating on Facebook with Tom, an "agnostic atheist" who commented on one of my Facebook prayer posts. I don't normally engage in online discussions but decided to continue this conversation in the hopes that God might speak to Tom but also because I felt I could learn and be sharpened in the process. Today on the street I met two young men - William and Jason - both atheists, and I was surprised by how similar their arguments are to Tom's, which helped sharpen me for their questions. They basically try to judge God as if he were their peer, and they get very indignant at the thought that they will be judged by Him instead. They are self-righteous and judge God to be the one who is unrighteous. They say they would defy him to his face if they had the chance no matter how wise and powerful He is, which contradicts their value of logic and common sense, so they try to deny His existence. They deny any scriptural authority, so debates with them can go around in circles, but I am reassured by Romans 1:20 that all people have enough truth and common sense to recognise our maker but I also know that God is not obligated to reveal Himself to anyone unless he chooses to. Atheists are like fools standing in front of an oncoming train; they can blindfold themselves and claim to have no belief in trains all they want but in the end it will hit them hard, just like outside of God's mercy they will be hit hard by the truth of God's righteous anger against all who stand in opposition to Him.

No comments: