FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/5/11 Kate, Aaron both about 20
"Is it poossible to be a Christian without believing in eternal life?" -I thought to myself as I talked with Kate and Aaron, an Asian couple born in China who moved to America and more recently to our neighborhood. I had met them at a strip mall here in Chicago, and asked about their beliefs. They didn't believe in eternal life, yet described themselves as new Christians. They had grown up under an atheist world view, and didn't seem to have considered the possibility of eternal life. What had attracted them to Christianity, apparently, was the joy and perhaps the prosperity of some Christians they had met. Aaron had recently been baptised, and Kate excitedly recited a Bible verse she had recently memorized. They asked about my church, excited to be invited to a church in the neighborhood. I wasn't sure how to share the Gospel with them, because I didn't want to wreck their enthusiasm about church with an explanation of our sin and condemnation that makes God's grace amazing. I guess I felt I needed a lot more time to talk than I had there in the parking lot, considering they needed to change an entire world view, and I hope they do come to church so we can continue the conversation

No comments: