FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/3/11    Lauren
Here's a post from a reader named Eric
Hey Jeff - 1st thank u for your faithfulness. God has blessed me thru reading your posts. Today i went on my lunch hour with the intention of sharing the gospel. I went to the mall and almosts wasted the hour trying to find the perfect person. Finally as i was leaving i came upon a young woman outside smoking. I paused wondering if i could or should. I used a mdb to get the conversation going. she said that they have those at work. I was a little surprised. She works at an ins co. They use them to talk about life insurance. I asked if she believes in heaven and she said yes. She said she had a christian bground growing up & her mom is very devout. When i asked her "why should God let her into heaven?" she said "b/c i deserve it" and added "b/c i believe in Him". i explained to her that what helped me understand the gospel was the 10 commandments. They show me that i wasnt good enough or deserving of heaven. I asked if she was born again? She said she was & that happen when she was inHS She said she was born again in HS. She stated she didn't like how some people feel pressured to make a profession of faith. She said she waited until she was ready. She goes to church but hasnt read her Bible in a long time. I asked whats your favorite book in the bible? She didnt have a favorite. At this i felt like my time was up. Her name was Lauren she was in her mid 20s. I prayed in my car that God would use that conversation. is Lauren a real believer? not sure. I need to remember to use scripture in speaking with folks. Gods word is the sword of the Spirit. He changes hearts.

No comments: