So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Philemon 1:6

FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/26/11     Scott,     48
I am three years into my daily witnessing goal and I still get so intimidated by many witnessing opportunities that I pass them by. My goal is to be ready "in season and out" - to be ready and willing to be a witness in any situation God gives me - yet I still struggle with getting out of my comfort zone and being a bold witness. Yesterday I was so intimidated I almost gave up. I had plenty of excuses. 1.) I was in an upscale shopping area, and am more intimidated by people in a higher social status than myself. 2.) It was a holiday weekend, with everyone in groups, talking happily amongst themselves, and I felt like I would be a total party-pooper to these people. 3.) It was raining out, which limited my opportunities to insides the shops, bars or bistros. 4.) I was trying to fit in my witnessing time inside some time spent shopping with my family, which didn't give me a lot of time to work with in the first place. 5.) My expectations were too high as I was looking for a longer conversation, and thus picking and choosing who I would approach, rather than talking to anyone. I should have settled for the shorter conversations that usually come with handing out tracts as conversation starters. 6.) Most importantly, I hadn't prayed much beforehand, and quickly became so intimidated that I didn't even think to pray while I went. I became very disheartened, and almost quit. Then I decided to reset my sights and just hand out a few MDB tracts and see what might happen, which led to a short but meaningful conversation with a man named Scott. He confessed to a lifetime of drinking and womanising and freely called himself a sinner, confessing his sins but showing no evidence of having repented of them. Yet he believed he was saved because of a youth camp experience he'd had as a teenager. He talked about a Bible he had been given there, with the date of his "conversion" written in it. I wondered whether this experience had opened him up to a relationship with God or caused him to be a false convert whose closest experience with God had occurred over 30 years ago. My time was limited, so I had to leave Scott with some good questions and some good info to answer them.

No comments: