FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/19/11       Kaleb and Brenden      both about 20
Today Eric and went out to ask a few people what they believe about the meaning of Christmas - as a conversation starter. Outside a strip mall we found Kaleb and Brenden, both of whom really had no Christian background at all and simply saw Christmas as another way in which we Americans are pushing our values on the rest of the world. They really believed Christmas started here in the US. I began to explain the origens of Christmas but quickly realized I had gone down a conversational path that would lose them pretty fast. Instead, I asked a simpler question about their belief in God. Their beliefs seemed to come from the movie "Avatar" as they talked about their souls consisting of energy that simply changes forms after they die. Like so many people I've talked to, their pop culture theology quickly falls apart under the scrutiny of a few questions about the logical outcomes of their untested beliefs. I know my questions didn't win any arguments but I do believe I won their attention as they gladly took the additional literature I offered them.

No comments: