FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/7/11 Steve, about 30
I walked into a Starbucks where I found 2 people working on laptops, a guy about to read a book, and another man about to leave. I asked the guy with the book if he had a little time to answer some questions about his spitiual beliefs. "I really don't want to talk about that" was his reply. Same for the man about to leave but one of the people on laptops, a guy named Steve who was sitting right next to the guy with the book, agreed to talk. Steve says he believes in God but from his answers I could tell he believes in his own version of God. He doesn't base his beliefs on the Bible but rather just what seems right to him. And for Steve this means that he admits his own faults but as long as he keeps improving and learning from his past mistakes, he thinks he can be okay with God. He stated "God knows my heart, thatI'm a good person and I try to do nice things." I talked through the logical problems with this, explaining the law of God's judgement and and his graceful forgiveness as I went. Steve clearly had an opportunity to hear the Gospel. So did the man with the book.

No comments: