FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
1/17/12    Jaime,   about 30
I used Gospel tracts as conversation starters with a dozen or so people at a laundromat. Most were hard-working young parents who worried about paying the bills and didn't think much about eternal things, just assuming they will go to heaven because they see themeselves as good people. My poor Spanish limited the depth of our conversations but they all thanked me for the advice I gave. At the end I met Jaime, a young father there with his wife and several young children. Jaime proved to be a solid believer at a church whose pastor continually emphasizes that we can't be saved by our own good works but only by the work of Jesus on the cross. This was so refreshing because I've met too many churchgoers who have forgotten - or never knew - that we are sinners in need of a Savior. I prayed with Jaime - we had church right there in the laundromat - asking that God will bless him as the spiritual leader of his young family.

No comments: