FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
1/3/12      John       about 45
"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves...." 1 Cor. 13:5       I was at a McDonald's meeting with "T" - a new believer who was experiencing doubts about his salvation. He had just heard a sermon by Paul Washer , a preacher who often advises American churchgoers to "examine yourselves" as it says in Corinthians - and for good reason I have been finding out. I meet more and more people while witnessing who have fallen into the trap of easy-believism and cheap grace. "T" has proclaimed Jesus as his Lord for a week or so, following a few months of investigating Christianity and counting the cost. As he has continued to dig deep into his new faith he came across the Washer sermon and worries that he isn't showing any spiritual fruit. I told "T" that it is good to examine his own faith, but also that Washer's sermon was directed more toward the countless churchgoers who are false converts with only a dead faith. After our weekly meetings i have been taking "T" with me to listen in on my witnessing conversations, and today we met a man named John who was a perfect example of the kind of person Washer was speaking of. John depends on his past church upbringing and his mother's status in her church for his claim on salvation. We talked awhile as "T" listened in. "God has no grandchildren. You need your own relationship with the Lord" I told John. I couldn't find a better example to help "T" understand the false ideas of Christianity that Washer was referring to. T and I prayed for John as we ended our time together.

No comments: