FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
2/13/12 Dennis, about 30
This week I've been trying a different approach to witnessing. I've been asking people for their opinions about Jesus' Parable of the Talents found in Matthew 25. At a local coffehouse I asked a man named Dennis if he would take a few minutes to read it and tell me what he thinks of it. I gave him a sheet of paper with the parable printed on it and my questions below - I think just handing him a Bible would have been too intimidating - and he read it carefully before we talked. I found out later that Dennis has come to doubt God's existence in favor of a sort of new age "communal energy source as higher power" theory about God, but for the sake of our discussion he seriously considered what God would be like if He is indeed like the master of the servants in the parable. It led to a much longer conversation focused not on our individual beliefs but on what this Bible passage actually says. Dennis saw what valuable truths and insights can be mined from a section of scripture, and my prayer is that he will take the Bible more seriously and begin to read it for himself.

No comments: