FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
3/25/12   Matt, 27
Today was a beautiful day at the park, and I found a young man reading a book and enjoying the cool breeze and warm sunshine. "Here's a trillion dollar bookmark" I said as I handed him one of my Gospel tracts that looks like a trillion dollar bill. I think of them as conversation starters. "It's kind of a fun collectors item and would make a good bookmark" I explained, "but on the other side is what I calll the trillion dollar question - 'Will you go to heaven?' " At this the young man's smile faded and he handed the tract back to me. "Not interested" he said. "That bad, huh? You've had a bad experience with religion?" was my lame attempt at getting a conversation going. "I've been there, and its not for me" he answered. "Well, I think its worth talking about" I said, but he put his eyes back on his book and began to ignore me. Finally I said "Well, sorry, hope you have a good day" and I turned to leave, but then he said "I just don't want you to waste your time" I assured him I was interested in hearing his story and this began an hour-long conversation in which he - Matt - shared about his faith journey which began with growing up in a Lutheran church, has brought him to agosticism, and appears to be leading him to Buddhism. He also asked a lot of penetrating questions about my own experiences as a Christian. The bottom line is that Matt feels he has tried Christianity and prayed that he would see or feel some sign that God exists, but God just never made Himself known to him. "Would you consider praying that prayer again?" I asked. Matt shook his head. "That presupposes God exists, and I just think if He is there He should have shown himself to me by now." Please pray for Matt - maybe not for a miraculous sign, because I'm not so sure God wants us to rely on "signs and wonders" in order to believe in Him, but rather that God will open Matt's eyes to how He has been revealing Himself all along.

No comments: