FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
4/14/12 Ivan and Joseph, late teens
According to Galatians 3:24, "the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ". This means we can't ignore the importance of our accountability to God's laws such as the Ten Commandments when sharing our faith; in fact, the law is meant to be a tool in evangelism. Today I talked to two teens, Ivan and Joseph,  who were sitting on a park bench, one of them puffing on a cigar. They were non-committal in response to my questions about God and eternity. They had grown up in Catholic families but haven't been involved in church for years. They've heard of the Ten Commandments but couldn't remember any, yet easily rattled off a dozen beer brands when I asked if they could name any. "Do you see what is wrong here?" I asked. "If you were serious about following God's law, you would be sure to learn them, right? The Bible tells us that God will hold us accountable to his laws on judgment day. I know it can be a hard truth to hear, but ignoring it doesn't make it go away." They were somewhat unresponsive, and seemed kind of sheepish that I was saying these things while the one was smoking his cigar. I may be wrong, but I felt like this was all they needed to hear today, trusting that God will use His law - and your prayers - to help lead them to Christ as only He can orchestrate events in their lives.

No comments: