FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

6/4/12   "Elders" Knight and Patterson,  about 21
After discussing the problem of false converts and false teachers in the church, John the Apostle wrote an interesting statement: -  "As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you."  (1 John 2:27a)    At first I wondered how John could counsel his spiritual children (including us) that we don't need anyone to teach us, but that's not what he is saying.  We do have a Teacher.  The anointing John refers to is the Holy Spirit, and John's point is that He is our teacher and guide.  We are anointed by the One who brought us to faith in Christ and He will keep us in Christ!  He is the one who orchestrates our lessons - including those from human teachers - along the way.  What a relief that this battle belongs to the Lord!  The mistaken idea that I am responsible to disciple the babes in Christ that I help to become born again once paralyzed me from sharing my faith, for it was a burden I couldn't bear.  I'm so glad the Holy Spirit is in charge, and the Church as a whole, not any one individual, is one of His primary incubators for newborns in Christ.  I was reminded of this today after a discipleship Bible Study with a young believer.  In order to teach by example I started a conversation with two young men as we headed back to my car.  Of all the people we could have talked to they turned out to be Mormon missionaries -and I had just guest-preached a sermon yesterday from 1 John 2 about false teachers and had discussed the false teachings of Mormonism! Another irony is that the two "elders" - Patterson and Knight - are scheduled to speak at one of our church home groups that is focusing on apologetics and sharing one's faith.  I sense the great Orchestrator, the Holy Spirit, at work here, and I'm glad He has the master plan because I would have no idea where to start!  Please pray for these Mormon "elders" Patterson and Knight, that they will see the counterfeit teaching of Mormonism for what it is, in the only way possible, by the standard of the true Gospel of Jesus Christ.  He is the only begotten Son of God, not the angelic brother of Lucifer, as Mormonism teaches!

No comments: