FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

6/7/12      Jose,   54
I stopped by a park on my way home from work to talk to the Lord about people and to talk to people about the Lord.  I noticed a man on his bike, meandering slowly around on the walkways but not really going anywhere.  I felt an inner confirmation that I should talk to him, so I did.  "You'll probably think I'm crazy, but I have an interesting question for you" is how I began what turned out to be a 40 minute conversation.  "What do you think happens after this life?"  Like so many people, Jose had plenty of religious ideas and theories that seem to have come mainly from conspiracy shows on cable TV, but when reminded of what the Bible actually teaches those thoughts seemed to just disappear like a mist.  The tantalizing conspiracy theories,  supposed re-enactments, authoritative-sounding interviews and mysterious background music just can't stand against the authority of God's Word, take it or leave it.  Our conversation reminded Jose of biblical truths he remembered from his Catholic upbringing and others that he had learned from two key conversations he has had with faithful Christians in years past.  Jose has been in jail several times for driving without a license, and is facing another court date in about a week.  This was clearly on his mind and he shared these problems with me but was also very interested in talking about the things of the Lord.  A key theme that hit home with him is our need to "settle out of court" - to pursue a right relationship with God here, now, during this life, before we face Him on judgment day.  He told me several times that he felt the Lord was talking to him, and how before I stopped him he was just riding his bike aimlessly, feeling like he was supposed to be there but not sure why.  "Now I know why, God is trying to get my attention, and this time I'm listening!"

No comments: