FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

7/27/12      Pablo, Alex         mid 20's
One reason I write these posts is to demonstrate that evangelism can and should take place during the course of everyday living.  Many people associate "everyday evangelism" with simply waiting for evangelism opportunities to come to us.  But in my experience, if I truly want to verbalize my faith every day, I need to take the initiative to start conversations rather than just wait for them to happen.  If we understand that it is really the Holy Spirit who moves us to share the Gospel, we will realize there are Spirit-led, God-given opportunities all around us.  We just need to step out of our comfort zones on faith and reach out to others.  For me this takes a strange mix of spontaneity and planning ahead.  For example, today I was out running errands and realized I would be busy the rest of the day and probably have no chance to have a witnessing conversation, which is a daily goal.  So on my drive home I stopped for a  walk around a random block, praying for whomever God would put in my way and allow me to talk to.  It turned out to be two brothers in their 20's, Pablo and Alex.  They believe in God and His judgment to determine their eternal fate, but thought that simply apologizing for their sins would earn salvation.  In effect, their faith is not in Jesus but in the sincerity of their apology.  Because of this belief they were content to just live life and take their chances with eternity.  As I shared the Gospel and tried to help them understand their need to trust in Jesus, Alex told me how he trusts God to bless his dream of starting his own business.  So I reasoned "You plan for your temporary life here on Earth, but do you plan for your eternal future?  Everyone will be sorry about their sins on judgment day, but now is the time to prepare, to settle out of court, to get into a right relationship with God"    An important aspect of evangelism is trying to help unbelievers focus on eternity.  What about those of us who believe?  Do we focus on that day when we will give an account for what we did with our God-given opportunities while here on Earth?  Are we intentional about sharing our faith with people all around us?

No comments: