FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

8/14/12     jesus,  about 40
A man on the sidewalk smiled and agreed to give his opinion about what happens after we die, saying he believes we just stop existing.  I couldn't ignore that he had obviously just finished a long jog, so we chatted about running for awhile.  He - jesus (I'll give his name a small "j")  - had run in 7 Chicago marathons and had a lot to say about the subject, but after 5 or 10 minutes it was easy to switch back to talking about eternity since that is where our conversation had begun.  "So you don't believe in life after death, but do you believe in God or a higher power?"   jesus answered, "Well, I  usually just say that I do to my family because I don't want to get in arguments."  "That's the nice thing about talking about things like this to a complete stranger!" I said, 'You don't have to worry about getting into an argument with me every time you see me!".  He agreed with this and we went on to a good conversation about the possibility that God does exist, that our soul could exist forever, that we are accountable to Him if He does, and about the forgiveness we can have in Jesus.   I know trying to share the Gospel with people we know and talk to often can seem overwhelming and complicated, but as I walked away from this conversation with jesus, a complete stranger, I was struck by the simplicity and joy of sharing Gospel truths with those whom God puts in our path.  Maybe we make it more complicated and scary - and expensive - than it really needs to be.  What a privilege it was to talk to jesus about Jesus today, please pray for him!

No comments: