FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

You Just Made My Day!



11/27/12                Bill,       about 45
 
One of the great joys of Gospel outreach to strangers is inadvertently meeting other believers. Here's another example:

Approaching me on a neighborhood sidewalk was a man carrying some pieces of lumber, obviously involved in a building project of some sort and intent on finishing. I stopped him with a question:

“Do you believe you will go to heaven?”

“Of course I do, I’m a Christian!” he said easily.

“That’s great!” I said, “But I’ve talked to a lot of people that have different ideas about what that means, so I have to ask, how can you be sure?”

“That’s easy” he said, “It’s through the blood of Jesus!”

“Wow! Do you know what most people tell me, even most church people?”

He didn’t know.

“Most tell me it’s because they are good people. You just don’t know how refreshing it is to hear someone whose faith is in the Lord and not in their own good works. I understand that sometimes I catch people off guard and they really haven’t thought through what they say, but how is it that you didn’t even hesitate about your answer?”

“Because Jesus is my best friend!” he said.

We talked some more and I found out his name is Bill, that he had grown up Catholic but now attends a Lutheran Church because “it feels like home there”.

As we parted and went our separate ways he walked about twenty yards and suddenly turned around and shouted

“You know, you just made my day!”

I did know, because he had just made mine.

No comments: