FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

God's Way


1/11/13         Max       about 65
While at a park after work today to initiate a Gospel conversation, an older man named Max told me “I haven’t thought much about God or religion all my life because I’ve always been so busy with work, but now that I’m retired I have been thinking about it often.  I have a lot of questions, so I’ve been really looking into it and learning a lot.”  And guess where he’s been looking?   Not the Bible or a local church as we might hope; he’s been searching on the internet, and the variety of questions he asked me reflected his confusion.  Where should he turn for authoritative truth?  How can he begin to sift through the myriad of spiritual beliefs competing for his attention?  I’ve heard Christians say in so many words that when non-believers want truth about God and eternity, there are plenty of Bibles available or churches to visit.  Some would say that since the Gospel is available for Max to read on the internet - if he is truly seeking the truth - surely he will find it.  But while God can make “even the stones to cry out”, that isn’t His preferred method.  He wants to speak through you and me.  Today, just as much as when Paul first penned these words, this truth is just as true for people like Max: “How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?”   (Rom. 10:14)

No comments: