FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

What Now?



3/31/13                Eason,              25
Happy Easter!  Jesus is risen!  So where do we go from here?  We need to take this good news to the streets (and sidewalks) – so I did.  A young man from China, going by the easier to pronounce name of “Eason”, told me he grew up in a Buddhist family in China.  Now he is a doctoral student in Chicago and hasn’t thought much about religion, although he says he does believe in God and knows some fellow doctoral students, also from China, who are Christians.  They’ve invited him to church, but he hasn’t gone because, as he told me, “I like to sleep late on Sundays!”  I continued to ask what he knew about Christianity, and could tell his friends had never shared the Gospel with him, so I asked if he would like a basic understanding of Christianity.  He did, and was very appreciative and receptive as I took him all the way from the Garden of Eden to the Garden Tomb, personalizing the law for him and his need for the Savior along the way.  What struck me about this young man, especially on this Easter weekend, is that he had never heard of Adam and Eve, the Ten Commandments, had never been to church, had never heard of the crucifixion, and never heard of Jesus’ resurrection – until now that is.  I think Eason was especially open to the Gospel because of the positive impression he has of his Christian friends – and maybe I had the privilege of being part of the answer to their prayers for him!  I don’t know what will happen as a result of my Gospel conversation with him, but what I do know for sure is I can think of no better way to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection than to share this good news with those who need to hear it!

No comments: