FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

A Missional Conversation

Thumbnail               3/12/14                     Ryan (Video)                 about 30
Lately I’ve begun to call my outreach conversations “missional”, which as I understand it, is, or has been, one of those hip terms within Christianity that make us think we are on the cutting edge of a new movement of God or something.  I don’t mean to use it that way, and instead I just like it because it’s a reminder of the Great Commission, that we are to go and make disciples, and that our life in Christ is a life lived “on mission”; that God gives us eternal purpose and significance in all that we do, not just certain segments of life.  It’s for that reason that in this video I ask a man named Ryan, who identifies himself as a Christian and has a very solid faith in Jesus as his hope for salvation, what his purpose in life is.  Ryan has moved to Chicago in hopes of furthering his aspirations as a musician, and seems to have given no thought to involvement in a local church in the year he has lived here,   I think he has lost his mission as a believer, and maybe my mission was to help him gain that sense of mission back.  Whether we talk to an atheist, agnostic, or a fellow believer, every conversation can be a “missional” one!

No comments: