FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Mid-Course Correction Pt 7 of 7 - “Follow up to Follow Up”

5/30/14                  Luigi, Hugo                  21, about 30

Mid-Course Correction Pt 7 of 7  –   I’ve been wondering about the role of follow-up in my outreach efforts – will it help or hinder me in reaching out to new people?  How much emphasis should I put on it?  Two follow-ups from the people I’ve talked to in the past week are helping me clarify the answer.  I wrote about a young man named Luigi, how he was open to the things of God and willing to talk further, so I got his permission and number  to call him back in a week or so.  I prayed for him a lot, but when the time came to call him it turned out that he blocked my number.  I had to send a text (not sure if that went through either)and I left the ball in his court.  I told another man, Hugo, who was at a similar place in his beliefs but also had some Christian friends, that I would call him back in a week.  Well he beat me to it by calling me back first, and we are planning to talk again this afternoon.  For now I’ve decided that once I talk with a person a second time, they are no longer a stranger off the street but are now a friend, and for confidentiality and trust I won’t continue to report on the conversation here.  I want to encourage other believers into those initial outreach conversations, so I will focus my postings on those, but I will try to report in a general way about how outreach conversations are continuing into relationships.

No comments: