So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Galatians 3:24

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Philemon 1:6

FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Drawn by the Father

2/28/15 Paul 23
When Jesus said “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them”, did this imply that some people simply are not chosen to be drawn to the Father?  That’s a question that has caused a lot of debate over the centuries, and I can’t say anything new here that hasn’t been said.  But a conversation with a college student lately has me thinking that I have seen what it is like when a person is not “drawn by the Father”.  I reached out to Paul, a computer science student on the IIT campus, with a question about his views on eternity.  “Why does it matter?” he asked.  “Why are you doing this?”  I told him that as a Christian it is important for me to talk about our beliefs outside of church walls, to better understand what others think and to share what the Bible says about eternal life.  Because Paul values critical thinking and having an open mind, we went on to talk about his beliefs and the claims of Christianity.  But at every point in the conversation, he responded not with acceptance or rejection of biblical truth, but indifference.  I found his apathy to be a more impenetrable defense than the ridicule of the most hardened atheists.  At least they care enough about the Gospel to fight against it. So do I believe Paul has not been “drawn by the Father”?  It sure didn’t seem like it.  But it’s not for me to judge and there is still hope - God isn’t through with him yet.

No comments: