FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

Rock in Shoe



 4/18/16                             Angelo                  about 25

Today I stuck a rock in someone’s shoe.  This guy named Angelo was outside a store, taking a smoke break from work, not bothering anyone, and I stuck a rock in his shoe.  And I’m glad I did it.  I started a conversation with him, asked him where he thought he would go after this life.  “I think I’ll be reincarnated” he said.  “As a person?”  “I don’t know, it depends, Could be anything, a person, an animal, a flower”  “Is that something you look forward to?”  “No, not at all.  Makes me want to just enjoy this life while I have it”  “What determines what you will end up as after this life?”  “Well, that’s not for me to decide.  I would say the way we act here in this one.  Depends on how we get rid of our sins before we die, I guess.”  I was a little surprised he so freely referred to being judged and the need to get rid of his sins.  Makes me think someone else had “put a rock in his shoe” before me.  “Well its interesting you should say that.  I’m a Christian and we also believe we must deal with the fact of sin in our lives before we die.  The problem is, even if I perfectly repented and never sinned again, I would still be guilty of the sins I have already committed.  And the good things I might do to make up for them are only good things I ought to do anyway.  I can’t use the good I ought to do to “pay” for the sins I ought not to do” By this time Angelo was done smoking his cigarette and I didn’t want to wear out my welcome, so I said good naturedly “Well, I’m sure your break time is almost over, this will give you something heavy to think about while you get back to work.”  He laughed, we shook hands, and he hobbled back to work with a rock in his shoe.

No comments: