FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

How can you avoid feeling stagnant in your faith?

 

  3/13/17       Vaughn     early 20's


“Stagnant” is defined as “having no current or flow and often having an unpleasant smell as a consequence.”

Does your faith give out a stench to those around you, or does it give the kind of “living water” that Jesus offers, referring to the Holy Spirit. We aren’t meant to just be filled with this water. It is meant to overflow into the lives of others.

With that in mind, and aware of a fresh in pouring of the Holy Spirit in church Sunday morning, it was time to allow the Spirit to overflow so I headed to a local coffee shop where I found a business student named Vaughn doing some homework.

Vaughn was more than happy to take a study break and talk about spiritual things. He’s had some influences in his life toward Buddhism, Catholicism and Islam, and after I’d listened a while to the views on religion he’s cobbled together, he was ready to hear the Gospel, which I gladly shared and responded to his many questions.

I left there feeling even more refreshed and alive in faith than even after our church service, and I think I know why. Explaining the storyline of the Bible in general and the Gospel in particular for someone new reminds me of its many treasures for myself, and hearing and responding to Vaughn’s questions reminds me of the questions I once had when I was in his shoes.

Philemon 1:6 says “I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.”

Want to find fresh joy in your faith? Don’t let it become stagnant and a stench because you are keeping it to yourself – share it with others!

No comments: