FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!

10/18/09 Billy, 18

"What would keep you from putting your trust In Jesus for salvation right now?" I asked Billy, after he had heard the bad news that he is a lawbreaker who would be found guilty on judgment day and condemned to the punishment of hell, and received, at least on an intellectual level, the good news that Jesus has taken that punishment in his place. An hour or so earlier he had been playing football in the park, his eternal salvation the last thing on his mind. Now after his excuses had been silenced by exposure to God's law, he stood convicted before a holy God holding him accountable for his sins, and he had heard that God's justice has been satisfied for all who will put their faith in Jesus, and I was encouraging him to make the most important step of faith in his life. His answer? "Nothing" he said with a sheepish grin. I looked for signs of the fear of God and heartfelt conviction that comes with the move of God's Spirit in a sinner's heart, and didn't see it, so I spent some time talking about God's holiness, and what repentance and faith looks like. Please pray for Billy, for God to make him a new creation in Christ.



10/19/09 Eric, about 20

As he sat in his car counting money, I approached Eric and asked if he had a minute to answer some interesting questions. He put the wads of small bills out of view and said okay, reluctantly. After I asked some direct questions he told me he hasn't thought much about God or what comes next after this life. He said it is more important to be concerned about this life. Eric believes in "karma" which he explained is the idea that you get back, later in life, what you give out, whether good or bad. I asked how he thought he would be judged if there was a judgment day, and he said it really depends on what our judgment is based on. He has heard of the Ten Commandments though he didn't know any of them, but before I could begin to talk about them he got a call from his "partner" - probably a drug customer - and had to get going. He politely refused the Christian literature I offered, so I just told him that eternity is very real and too important to ignore, and I hope that I will see him in heaven one day. He said "that's all good, but don't forget to have some fun while here on earth" "Oh, it's a real adventure, just being able to talk to people like this", I said. He warned me to be careful, and we went our separate ways.

No comments: