FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/22/09 Mouliksha, about 25
On a bus downtown a young Indian man sat near me so I asked if I could get his opinion on a few things. He is Hindu and moved to the U.S. about 11 months ago. He and his wife have been married about 9 months, a marriage that was arranged by their parents. They are from the same town in India, but she has been in the U.S. since 2002. They worship at a Hindu temple out in a Chicago suburb. He believes he will be reincarnated as another human when he dies. Despite my questions about the many gods of Hinduism, he claimed to believe in just one God, which he said is also the god of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. He clearly wanted to emphasize our commonalities - "we all have two eyes, two ears, one mouth, and one god" he said. I wanted him to know that the God of the Bible is clearly not the same as a Hindu god, but we were at his stop so I gave him a Gospel booklet that clearly explains our need for Jesus. I hope that he and his wife, who should have much better English, will read it together. Is this polite and respectful young man in danger of the punishment of hell? He is if he has unforgiven sin, but the Bible is clear that "everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins through his name." (Acts 10)

No comments: