FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/29/09 David, 17

I stopped David on the sidewalk, giving him a million dollar bill tract and asking if he believes he will go to heaven. He thinks so, believing himself to be a good person. He was very honest when I asked him how well he has kept the Ten Commandments, admitting that he is a liar, thief, blasphemer, and an adulterer and murderer at heart. He agreed he would be found guilty on judgment day "But Jesus died for my sins" he said in desperation. I wanted to congratulate him for "getting it right", but I remembered that he viewed himself as basically a good person, so instead I began to talk about the difference between people who follow Jesus in word only while their actions speak otherwise. "Do you know anyone who seems religious at church but is a hypocrite the rest of the week? Believing in Jesus means you will want to do what he says. Do you read the Bible?" He told me he hasn't. "If you are serious about following Jesus, reading the Bible for yourself is the best way to find out what He says. I gave him some advice on how to start, and my contact info for when he has questions. May God take this seed and help it to grow!

No comments: