FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
10/31/09 Roy, about 50
On Halloween I walked with Jonathan from church looking to start gospel conversations. One guy we talked to had just left the store with two big cases of beer. I asked if he would tell me his opinions on an important question. He looked curious. "What do you think happens after this life, where will you be?" He set the beer down and straightened up. "Believe it or not, even though I have all this beer, I do believe in Jesus, and I know I don't deserve heaven but Jesus went to the cross to pay the penalty for my sin." He told us how he has been clean from drugs for over 20 years but just can't kick his drinking problem, especially after his wife passed away. He isn't involved in a church, though he said he was considering checking out the Jehovah's Witnesses. I warned him of the Jehovah's Witnesses' false doctrine of salvation by works, and invited him to attend our church or any Bible based church. "God has made us in such a way that we can't go it alone. We need each other, and the church is designed to fill that need," I told him and before we left we prayed for Roy right there on the sidewalk.

No comments: