FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/14/09 Matt, 15
I talk to people most often while out running errands so I am usually alone, but today I went with an evangelism group from church. We were at a park and even though we went our separate ways to talk with people there was something very encouraging about being able to say "I'm out here today with some friends from church and I'd like to ask about some of your beliefs" I stopped Matt, an Asian American, on the sidewalk this way and my request began a good conversation. He was raised Catholic and sent to a protestant Christian high school, but when he was transferred to a public high school he decided to renounce Christianity. "There are just too many contradictions" is what he told me. He also stated that he had never seen evidence for God's existence, so I asked "what kind of evidence would you need?" Matt really didn't know and agreed that it is possible that God does exist. When compared with the Ten Commandments Matt easily acknowledged his sin and agreed that if judged by God "I would end up in hell." "I can see why you'd rather believe that there is no God" I said and he agreed with me that his place in eternity will be far more important than this short life.

No comments: