FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
11/24/09 Chris, about 30
While on my lunch break I went to a McDonalds and sat down to talk to Chris, a salesman. Chris believes there is probably a god or higher power, but is not sure about eternal life. He described himself as being too busy, with two jobs and a family to support, to worry about such things. He said he pretty much forgot about God when his parents divorced when he was seven, and is now a "Cheaster Catholic" (Christmas and Easter). I tried to emphasize the importance of living with eternity in mind and he agreed it is important, and emphatically believes he will go to heaven if there is one "because I keep the commandments". That statement led me to give him the good person questions and I found out he is a very good person in his own eyes, full of excuses about the times he has broken God's laws. If I had it to do over again, I would try to more vividly describe what it must be like standing before God on judgment day before asking these questions, because while his excuses might sound okay to human ears, they wouldn't help him much standing before a holy and almighty Judge. Unfortunately, Chris is a salesman who has sold himself on his excuses, and I couldn't convince him otherwise. "The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures, and they do not mature." Luke 8:14

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I read through a bunch of your stories. God Bless you man, and keep doing what your doing. I saw your site through our blog(www.urbanevangie.com). I am one of the writers of the blog.
Be Blessed,
Emily