FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/06/09 Abhishek, 22
While out jogging I stopped an IIT student with some questions about his beliefs. Although it was very windy and cold out there on the dark sidewalk, Abhishek, a Hindu from India, very patiently answered my questions. As a Hindu he believes in many different gods and in reincarnation into another living creature in the next life, based on his actions in this. He agreed that this implies belief in a sort of judgment day based on his actions and an ultimate spiritual authority or judge much like the biblical judgment day. I asked if he would like to hear the Christian perspective on this, and affirmed that for him to understand it doesn't mean that he has to agree with it. He appreciated this approach and listened while I showed him his guilt according to the Ten Commandments and how a just God holds us accountable for our sins. When I explained how Jesus has atoned for our sins on the cross, Abhishek said he was familiar with this, having visited a few Christian churches in his village in India. He agreed that, given my beliefs in the necessity of faith in Jesus for salvation, it would only be the right thing to do to want to tell others. He told me his commitment to Hinduism was largely cultural, not necessarily a personal decision, but he just veers toward Hinduism in matters of faith because it is so familiar to him. Abhishek was very patient and open-minded, and took interest in the additional info I gave him. 

No comments: