FRONT PAGE - here you will find the last 20 postings about recent conversations. Please pray for these people!
12/09/09 Lee, about 25
At the laundromat I used a million dollar tract to start a conversation with a young man from China. He doesn't believe in God, even saying that there is no possibility that God exists. He had also never heard of the Ten Commandments, but said that he knew right from wrong based on his conscience. This was helpful later in our conversation because I could explain that all people are held accountable for their sin regardless of their knowledge of the Bible since they all know right from wrong. Lee said he had several friends who have been trying to convince him to believe in God, but he feels they aren't open to his opinion that God doesn't exist. I told him I truly believe in God but if He doesn't exist I will have nothing to lose, whereas an atheist will have everything to lose if he is wrong. One point of disagreement Lee had with his friends was that a bad man could put his faith in God when he is dying and go to heaven, whereas a good man could live his whole life but not believe in God and would go to hell. Lee thought this is unfair. I asked him if he considered himself to be a good person and took him through the commandments. He saw his guilt up close and personal and that was about all he could take; his clothes were ready to go and so was he. I gave him more info as he was leaving, and I hope he reads about the good news of Jesus that follows the law that I shared.

No comments: